Abu Dhabi is the capital and the second most populous city in the United Arab Emirates after Dubai. The city of Abu Dhabi is the largest of the 7 emirates constituting the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and is also the capital of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Do you know? Abu Dhabi is located on a T-shaped island in the Persian Gulf off the central western coast. Let us know some more interesting facts about Abu Dhabi.
Interesting facts and information about Abu Dhabi city
1. The government of Abu Dhabi owns 10% of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship).
2. The origin of the name “Abu_Dhabi” is uncertain. However, it means “father of Ghazal”, literally translated from Arabic.
3. There are gold plated ATMs in various countries that extract gold pieces, the first such ATM was located in Abu_Dhabi. The machines are fitted “like an armored vehicle” and tested with explosives to prevent theft.
4. Pearl trade declined in the year 1930 and interest in oil fields in the regions increased. Petroleum Development (Trukial Coast) Limited (PDTC), a subsidiary of the Iraq Petroleum Company, entered into a concession agreement with ruler Sheikh Shakhbut bin Sultan Al Nahyan to explore oil on 5 January 1936.
5. Teachers in Abu-Dhabi participate in workshops on playing Arabic Scrabble, which is used as a learning tool in the classroom and the game has helped improve skills, engagement and pride in Arabic.
6. Most of Abu_Dhabi city is located on the island itself, but has several suburbs on its mainland, for example: Khalifa City A, B, and C; Al Raha Beach; Al Bahia City A, B, & C; Al Shahama; Al Rahba; Between two bridges; merchant; And Musafa Residential.
7. Abu_Dhabi has the finest architecture. Abu- Dhabi was founded in 1967 by Japanese architect Dr. Takahashi under the guidance of Sheikh Zayed, initially for a population of 40,000. But with the passage of time, the population of the city increased to more than 6,00,000 today and this city was transformed into the modern city of today.
8. There is an annual beauty pageant for camels in Abu-Dhabi.
9. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is the largest mosque in Abu-Dhabi. This mosque was established by Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, to unify the cultural diversity of the Muslim world. Construction began in 1996 and was completed in 2007. It can be seen by more than 41000 people at the time of Eid.
10. A businessman in Abu_Dhabi bought a license plate with “1” at auction in 2008 for $ 14.3 million.
11. Abu-Dhabi has more than 2,000 well-maintained parks and gardens and 400 kilometers (249 mi) of coastline, of which 10 kilometers (6 mi) are public. Lake Park is one of the most visited parks in Abu_Dhabi.
Drug Abuse and Younger Generation
12. Abu_Dhabi’s bowed tower is the leanest man-made tower.
13. The UAE’s large hydrocarbon wealth gives it one of the highest GDPs in the world and AbuDhabi holds the majority of these resources – 95% oil and 92% gas.
14. Abu_Dhabi has a theme park called Ferrari World, which covers an area of 86,000 square meters.
Secret of Hindu Religion and Time Machine
15. Indians are the largest ethnic group in the UAE. They make up 40% of the total population. Most Indians live in Abu_Dhabi.